The Municipal Finance Authority of British Columbia (MFABC) is a co-operative entity, independent from the Province of British Columbia, which operates under the governance of a Board of Members appointed from the various Regional Districts within the province.
MFABC's mission is to finance municipal infrastructure and provide other low-cost and reliable financial solutions exclusively for BC’s local governments. We help local governments by enhancing the capacity of their finance staff, enabling efficiency, reducing their financial risks, and lowering costs.
MFABC is currently recruiting for a full-time Financial Analyst (“FA”) to join our team. Read the full job description here.
In this role, the FA is responsible to:
- Executes the weekly short-term commercial paper program including the investment of surplus short-term funds
- Supports MFA primary bond issuance activity including managing the early order process and exempt list, bond pricing support, investor feedback and allocations, rating agency information and Bloomberg ESG
- The FA is responsible for analyzing, recommending, and implementing a fixed income portfolio strategy for the Debt Reserve Fund and Strategic Retention Fund
- Supports MFA investor relations through implementation of multiyear investor relations plan, and preparation of investor presentation materials
- Supports timely administration of the funding and lending programs through communication of information to key stakeholders including Stats Canada (borrowing / lending activity) and clients (indicative lending rates, status of loans, issue highlights etc.)
Required attributes, skills & experience:
- An undergraduate degree in Finance, Commerce, Business Administration, Economics, Mathematics or other relevant area
- Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) designation and/or Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) designation would be beneficial but not necessary
- Minimum of 3 years' experience or demonstrated expertise in accounting and/or finance
- Knowledge and/or direct working experience in fixed income is considered valuable
- Exceptional attention to detail and drive for accuracy
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the desire to work collaboratively
- Intermediate proficiency in Excel, Bloomberg, spread sheet analytics and cash flow modelling
- Demonstrated resourcefulness and initiative, taking responsibility to learn independently and bring solutions forward when issues are identified
At the Municipal Finance Authority of BC, team members work a 7.5-hr workday / 37.5-hr work week; this role will also require attending meetings and events outside of regular office hours.
POSTING DATE: July 18, 2022
CLOSING DATE: August 19, 2022